Void Mastodon is a Tabletop Roleplaying Game – powered by the Forged in the Dark system – about the crew of a spaceship in a sector plagued by strife and grim phenomena. With themes typical of cyberpunk, cosmic horror, political schemes and explosive action, it is inspired by sci-fi universes like Mass Effect, Altered Carbon and Dune.
You play a group of desperate freebooters trying to thrive amidst the teeming threats of rival ships, powerful corporations, eldritch horrors, the authorities of the Sector, and the dark call of the freebooters’ own flaws and illusions.
As a standalone Forged in the Dark game, the SRD rules have been entirely adapted to offer a new game experience focused on sci-fi action and intrigue.
- You can swap between bodies by uploading your mind.
Dying is only a setback. Increase the intensity of your games by making your players embrace the wildest risks. Injuries are still dangerous (dying in the middle of a mission greatly reduces your chances of success, and you still need to recover your cortical stack to get a new body) but the specific stakes of each operation become more important than mere survival.
- You can travel throughout the sector, between planets and star systems, but not the entire galaxy.
Keep the game experience focused on the same areas, allowing your players to see the consequences of their choices on the factions and setting.
- You can open your mind to the hyperspace, a psychic dimension.
Some people get powers from it, and technology allows to use this dimension for superluminal travel.
- Complete standalone PDF ruleset and setting. 335 pages (classic A5) or 171 pages (A4 double page spread)
- Create a unique character by choosing among 7 Minds, 7 Frames and 7 Clades, allowing you to pick from over 100 different abilities to create highly customized freebooters.
- A customizable setting and 50 factions ready to jump at each other's throats.
- A detailed sector with 8 major systems and zones containing over 25 worlds and locations to explore. Homebrew friendly.
- GM guidelines and advices
- Ready-to-print PDF versions of the Crew and Character sheets, as well as high-resolution image files of the Crew and Character sheets to play on virtual boards like Miro, Roll20, etc.
Your purchase entitles you to all future digital versions of the game at no additional cost.
- Recommended Players: 3-5
- Recommended Age: 18+
- Playtime: 2-6 hours per session